One cannot conclude mentioning any method to be the best suitable and appropriate method for determining the nursing workload. In this case, one can use the collected data versus the number of patients visited. Nursing workload is to indicate about the number of hours spent by the nurses in completing the patient care and other related patient activities, to provide timely medicine, timely visit etc. The main resultant of nursing workload is the myriad factors which include making nursing budget projection, utilization of nursing and the unit staffing.
Following are the instructions:
· First it is essential to determine the facilities under which nurses are working. These workloads depends upon the place they work like ICU, 24 care centre, shift, outpatient care, in-patient care etc. Every parameter has different measuring scales and indicates different workload of nurses.
· Second is the consideration of nursing care delivery system. There are chances were hospital can make use of nursing models and the supplemental care providers for completing the nursing task for each patient using the registered nurse using the daily operations.
· Determination of the patient census on unit was observed. Patient census are nothing but it measures the number of beds occupied and does not include acute care or the amount of care that is required to be given to the patient. If incase, the number of beds were 20 and all beds were filled then it is full census and then nurse workload and staffing will be determined.
· It is essential to consider the acuity of every patient and it must be used for measuring the work as the amount of care required with acuity. Patient Classification system can be used for measuring workload hours that is required by different class of patients.
· Hospital can make use of retrograde technique in order to gain the feedback from the employees. It provides more understanding about way nurses will handle the critical situation and time spend by them.
There are various tools for obtaining clear financial picture and in this the main tool is workload which is essential for measuring the overall performance.
· Tasks are items which are accomplished in any business in order to successfully operate the business. It is categorized into day-to-day, project and details.
· Time and it refers to the time it is taken to accomplish any task a well experienced manager will be in a position to measure average amount of time taken to complete a task.
· Frequency is the number of time same task is being performed by the staffs throughout the year.
· Equation for calculating the workload:
Workload = Time * Task * Frequency.
“Skill Builder: Human Resource Forecasting Assignment”
Requirement for every year:
· Current year – All given value are taken from the question and there is no branch, teller and supervisor.
· Year 1 – Requires some number of previous branch supervisor and tellers are less by 30, requires 4 new supervisors along with 10 new tellers for each new branch.
· Year 2 – All new supervisor and teller joined in 1st year are considered to be the previous supervisor and teller the branch and requires additional 4 new supervisor and 10 new tellers.
· Year 3 – New supervisors and tellers joined in 2nd year are considered to be the previous supervisor and teller and additional 4 new supervisor and 10 new tellers.
· It is calculated using previous year employee’s requirement as it is the actual employees.
· New branch supervisor and former will be turned over at the rate of 20%
· New branch supervisor and former will be turned over at the rate of 30%
· Main office will be turned over at the rate of 10%.
Employee to be hired:
· Hiring former supervisor brings the difference during the current year and previous year plus the turnover of the previous year minus the new branch supervisor for previous year minus the turnover of new branch supervisors.
· Hiring former teller brings the difference during the current year and previous year plus the turnover of the previous year minus the new branch teller for previous year minus the turnover of new branch teller.
· Hiring in the main office staff to turn over the employees as there is constant requirement.
· Hiring new branch supervisors that will be equivalent to the requirement.
· Hiring new branch teller that will be equivalent to the requirement.
· Yearend status of every category would be the employee of previous year minus the previous year turnover plus the new hire.
· But at the same time new branch teller and supervisor must be considered as the former branch teller and supervisor.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
| Place Order
|| Down to work
|| Paper is Ready!
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account